Tuesday

A Ceremony of Self Acceptance and Unity - Whole, Sufficient and Complete!


It is obvious to me that most of us waste enormous productive output simply because we are in conflict with ourselves 24/7.

It came to me that perhaps we need a ceremony in our ceremony starved culture, a rite of passage where you make peace with yourself, where you accept yourself and where you commit to yourself.  In short, a form of marriage to  yourself.

So for the last few weeks I've been conducting civil weddings to enable people to marry themselves.  It may not be legally binding, but I've notice that the personal impact has been remarkable.  Here's the rough copy of the ceremony if you want to take the vows.  If you do, please let me know your outcome.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the face of God and the Holy Congregation, to join this person in holy union with themself, so that they become whole, complete and sufficient unto themself, so that in all relationships with others, they come to contribute, not to impress or rescue.

 From now on, This person’s integrity is their identity. 

Do you take this person, as your best friend, your committed listener, your source of comfort and strength? (Yes, I do.) 

Do you take this person, with all their faults & weaknesses, all their talents and strengths, all their dreams & aspirations as your wedded partner in life? (Yes I do.). 

Then I pronounce you whole, complete and sufficient unto yourself."



Thanks for visiting us here. Get to know clarity. Email me, Mike Kennedy...

No comments: