Saturday

Nothing Worthwhile is Easy.

At a time in my life where my problems seemed to be overwhelming me, I met an American trainer who I developed a huge respect for.

He asked me how I was going and I shared with him my litany of troubles and problems.

After listening intently and letting me give him the whole story until I stopped, he said:

"Mike.  Your biggest problem is that you don't have a big enough problem!"

I couldn't believe it. "What on earth are you talking about?" I demanded.

He continued with certainty:

"You see Mike, you need a great big problem that you choose, that you love that will sort all these little problems out in the process of struggling to achieve your big problem."

And you know, he was right.

A great big problem that you choose, that is about something that inspires you and something that you believe strongly in, will indeed sort out all the little problems in your life.  At the very least, it will make your problems appear little!

So in this lead up to your new year, while you are reflecting upon what you are going to set out to achieve in 2013, look for the things that inspire you.

You'll probably find them in your "Too Hard" basket.

If you could sort out all of your problems in the context and process of being in hot pursuit of an Inspiring Goal, what would you do?

As Franklin D. Roosevelt said: "The only thing to fear, is fear itself"

This is only the beginning. Get to know clarity. Email me, Mike Kennedy...

No comments: