Wednesday

How can you Think Resourcefully when Under Pressure??

You know, when your physiology conspires against you.

When it's time to use your brain and keep your cool, what happens in your body?

Your blood drains from your brain, lessening your thinking power just when you need clarity.

Your muscles flood with blood ready for fighting or fleeing just when you need to be non-violently courageous.

Your body is flooded with adrenalin - you start looking to prove yourself right, attack the other person, do anything to get yourself off the hook -  your intentions are washed away by chemical thinking just when you need to have clear objectives in mind to work toward.

In short, you are in the worst possible state to think resourcefully.

- How do you turn this around?.

You ask some questions:

What is my Real Objective?
  • What do I really want in this situation?
  • What do I really want for others?
  • What do I really want for this relationship?
  If I Really Wanted This, How Would I Behave?
  • What would I say?
  • What would I do
  • Who would I be being?
 When you get the answers to these questions, you relax, physiologically change gear and start entering a state of resourcefulness.

 Remember: Practice makes Perfect.

This is only the beginning. Get to know clarity. Email me, Mike Kennedy...

No comments: