Sunday

Strong Intention and Clarity beats Force and Struggle any old day.

It's been a busy month, so I've been remiss at posting any insights.

It's coming up to the end of the first quarter of 2012 financial year and I've been helping a number of clients sprint for a strong finish.

In a review the other night, I was astounded in my client's  reflection, how little; hard work, struggle and long hours contributed to an amazing outcome.

The breakthroughs, time and time again, were the result of intention and clarity.

In fact once the intention was strong and the clarity obvious, the actions performed to produce the results were absolutely effortless.

(At the end of the session, both client and coach were quietly scheduling regular reflective practice in their diaries.)

Last night I watched an interview with a Para Olympic Athalete Jessie Gallagher  who was describing her training in throwing Javelin. She said: "When I do a good throw, it feels absolutely effortless."

Ease comes from focus - having a clear & strong intention and being clear about your outcome is a form of mental rehearsal.

What is your regular reflective practice?

When do you relax and do your best thinking?

This is only the beginning. Get to know clarity. Email me, Mike Kennedy...

No comments: