Monday

The email at the top of the cliff Vs the fine at the bottom

I recently took out library membership at our little local library.

I borrowed 8 books for my son to develop his reading skills and they told me I had the books for three weeks.

That was two weeks ago - I  got a text yesterday, advising me that my books would need to be returned next week and gave me a couple of ways I could renew and avoid any fines.

This is a sign of the way we can do business now.

These library people know I'm busy and have set up a fence at the top of the cliff for me and my convenience.

Now I may end up with a fine (probably not), but it's top of my mind and I have chosen to do something about it, it's entered in my diary and it's real in my life.

Just another example of how the system no longer needs to rely on the stick and the carrot philosophy and how automation enables new levels of customer service to serve the system producing reliable results as well as enabling the customer to be on top of their game.

What penalties can you replace with some simple automation?

This is only the beginning. Get to know clarity. Email me, Mike Kennedy...

No comments: