Tuesday

What to say to Someone who is Admitting they are in OVERWHELM

Lately, I've been trying really hard to keep ploughing on in my business and my life in the face of ignoring my grief process.

I finally opened up to a friend and said:

"I'm exhausted, run down and overwhelmed. I need a good rest. I've had four deaths in the last four months and two of those were close family members who I have had a lifetime connection with. I never got to go to those funerals in Australia. I'm at the end of my tether."

Of course I felt much better after saying that - I wasn't even aware that I was feeling stressed out by it all - typical reaction to stress! Not only that, it came out so clear and concise, my awareness was instantly raised. I could see what was happening to myself!

My friend said: "I get it. You sound like you need a rest."

I said: "Yes I really do."

Then my friend (who hasn't had a lot to do with death of family or friends) said: "What should have I said?"

For me - he had performed his side of the bargain perfectly. He let me say what I had to say, he didn't interrupt me, try to fix me up, give me advice or criticize me. He heard me and he let me know that he did.

Sometimes, that's all that a person in overwhelm needs to hear from you. Admitting what's so about themselves, is the same as admitting it to themselves and takes them to a position of clarity and enables them to deal with their situation.

It sometimes is so quick a process, it's almost like saying "what's so" about yourself, jumps you right across into "so what?!"

Try it the next time someone tells you what's so about themselves - allow them to move through to "So What"

This is only the beginning. Get to know clarity. Email me, Mike Kennedy...

No comments: