Thursday

Old Time Values = New Time Success

Getting the simple things right seem to come naturally to cultures and religions that have an emphasis on family, cooperation and moral values.
Can it be that these things are actually part of the structure of successful businesses? Or even successful lives?

Last night, due to a baby sitting crisis, we included our 13 year old Downes Syndrome boy at one of our seminars. He sat up the back of the room and saw his dad for the first time up the front of the room, facilitating a conversation for a group of paying people. He made a bit of noise, said some things that people didn't understand, but on the whole - he was fantastic and looked like he had a great time.

I had been stuck in the paradigm that you can't include your family in your business ventures - especially if your family member has special needs. I didn't even know I was in a box about it. - Silly me! My attitude about this was one of my son's disabilities!
Last night not only showed me that it could be done, but that my son actually made a difference to the people being there. I've realised that our special needs is actually our special advantage! I'm now figuring out how I can include him doing jobs and having responsibilities with our seminars on a regular basis.

Jim Collins captured the thinking process of entrepreneurs with his Hedgehog Concept.
What can you capture from these Amish business people, about your values, for your business from the following video about a business run on family and values?



- that's it from me, Mike Kennedy,Want a taste of Clarity? Email Mike...

No comments: