Wednesday

What is your legacy as a leader?

Yesterday I attended Melinda Reihburg's amazing  workshop: "Leadership Fundamentals".

 One question the workshop poses is:

"How do you want to be remembered as a leader?

This sounds like one of the many challenges that Seth Godin throws out to his readers.

But the value of knowing your legacy as a leader, allows you to participate from that unspoken, undeclared part of yourself more effectively.

In the interests of you figuring out your own legacy, here's what I've come up with so far.  I hope that it inspires you to write your own and please send it through to me.  The more conscious aware leaders walking around, the better as far as I'm concerned.

"I'm a leader who cares about the people in my team.  I always make the effort to help my team get the best out of themselves and grow into the life and work that they absolutely love.  
I'm a coach midwife who enables coaches to deepen their understanding of the art and practice of coaching.  
I'm not afraid of conflict and intense emotions.  I have plenty of experience and techniques that I skillfully use to always get win/win solutions for my team members.  
I have people's respect and love.  I am a man of integrity, authenticity and courage."

That's the kind of leader I am.

What kind of leader are you?

Thanks for visiting us here. Get to know clarity. Email me, Mike Kennedy...

No comments: