Thursday

The Bow Wake and the Stern Wake.

Sailors all know this.

If you keep constant motion forward, you will generate a bow wake, that is, the white frothy water at the front of the boat.

They know that this is a good sign that they are on their way to their destination.

However, if they stop suddenly or even slow down to a certain speed, a Stern Wake will generate.

What a stern wake is, is a rush of water that hits the rear of the boat. This can be quite dangerous as the rear of the boat in some cases can be flooded.

A seaman I was coaching the other day stated: "All I need to do is keep generating a bow wave and I know I'm going to reach my goal safely, without that pesky stern wave coming up behind."

How simple is that?

Keep enough movement going forward in your goals, so you can avoid the stern wave coming up from behind.

Nice one!

No comments: