Thursday

Not a One Night Stand, but A Step In The Right Direction

I'm glad I'm not a one session consultant, a psychic, a astrologer or sometimes even a full time trainer.

These people only get their clinents for a one hit. They never get the long haul.

And the clients know, that a one hit doesn't require a big investment.

Especially of themselves.

It doesn't take much to have a consultation.

The real work begins when they start the journey to take your advice, heed your warning, open the window of opportunity and take the risk of doing something different.

That takes courage, commitment and guts.

I hear accountants; bemoaning how their clients won't take responsiblity for the basics, how they are relegated to doing the simple, spoon feeding tasks and never get around to the real growth stuff they are capable of.


















That's because there's a lack of commitment in their clients.

Most people who come to a consultant or a soothsayer are coming for a silver bullet, a one hit solution to their problems without them investing anything of themselves.  The get the reading, hear the advice and walk off feeling better and like they have done something constructive.  They ignore the advice, forget about the reading, but at least they feel better temporarily.

And this may be because the consultant is not courageous enough to hold their client's accountable and to demand an honest commitment.

That would take guts.

The people who commit to having a coach have reached a state of intolerance of their situation called "Up with this I will not put!!" and they are ready to work hard to achieve a result.

These are the people I want to hang out with.  This is the sort of person I aspire to be

......The people who walk away, show me a part of myself that gets me nowhere.

This is only the beginning. Get to know clarity. Email me, Mike Kennedy...

No comments: